Humboldt Storage & Moving celebrated “National Stress Awareness Day” this year with a “Laughter is the Best Medicine” luncheon and comedy show for team members. Held at the Charles W. Pinkham Auditorium at the Bank of Canton, the team was treated to a pizza lunch and plenty of laughs courtesy of the well-known Boston comedian, Tony V.
Stress Awareness Day was started by the Health Resource Network (HRN) in 1992 to raise awareness of stress and how it plays a harmful part in our daily lives. At Humboldt Storage and Moving, we are passionate about addressing worries and stresses for both our team members and our customers – we strive for stress-free moving!
- Stimulate many organs. Laughter enhances your intake of oxygen-rich air, stimulates your heart, lungs and muscles, and increases the endorphins that are released by your brain.
- Activate and relieve your stress response. A rollicking laugh fires up and then cools down your stress response and increases your heart rate and blood pressure. The result? A good, relaxed feeling.
- Soothe tension. Laughter can also stimulate circulation and aid muscle relaxation, both of which help reduce some of the physical symptoms of stress.
- Improve your immune system. Negative thoughts manifest into chemical reactions that can affect your body by bringing more stress into your system and decreasing your immunity. In contrast, positive thoughts actually release neuropeptides that help fight stress and potentially more-serious illnesses.
- Relieve pain. Laughter may ease pain by causing the body to produce its own natural painkillers. Laughter may also break the pain-spasm cycle common to some muscle disorders.
- Increase personal satisfaction. Laughter can also make it easier to cope with difficult situations. It also helps you connect with other people.
- Improve your mood. Many people experience depression, sometimes due to chronic illnesses. Laughter can help lessen your depression and anxiety and make you feel happier.
Are you ready for your next relaxing moving experience? If you’re moving soon, give our team a call today and let’s get started!