Tips for self-packing from Humboldt pros.
When you choose our self-packing option, your personal preparation is even more crucial to the overall success of your move. The key requirement is to have everything properly packed the night before moving day — except for things you’ll need that night and, in the morning, — so your belongings are ready to load when the Humboldt crew arrives. Here are more tips to ensure a smooth and timely move:
- Please allow several weeks to complete your self-packing job properly.
- White paper, tissue paper, paper towels or blank newsprint are great for wrapping and cushioning. Regular newspaper can leave ink smudges.
- Place plates on their sides instead of laying them flat. They’re actually stronger when packed this way.
- Ensure everything is properly packed and boxes are filled to the top. Use blankets, pillows or packing paper to fill up any empty space. A partially-full box could be crushed when stacked with other boxes.
- Avoid overloading boxes. This makes them difficult to carry and can damage your items.
- Clearly label all boxes on both sides to help your move go more smoothly.
Need packing supplies? Humboldt highly recommends the use of professional packing supplies, which are available for purchase and can be delivered to your residence.