Humboldt Storage & Moving crew members recently completed a 2 day extensive “International Moving” training.
Lead by Humboldt International Managing Director, Steve Dozois, the training consisted of:
4-5 hours of video classroom training including:
- Preparation of the residences prior to beginning work in residence.
- Review of various shipping options available including: Steamship containers, wooden lift vans for smaller shipments, air containers, and variable size containers.
- Packing techniques for international moves.
- Wrapping techniques for wrapping various kinds of furniture and goods.
- Techniques to pack/wrap for density & space saving techniques.
- Loading techniques of a container, lift van, and various air containers.
- Review of various documents that are required including bill of ladings, inventories, Power of Attorney forms, 2 forms of ID required from customers for security purposes, etc.
- Completing delivery to residence with proper steps for unloading, unwrapping of goods and unpacking boxes.
1-2 hours of documentation training including:
- What documents are required for export clearance from the US.
- Customs regulations and requirements for destination countries.
- Proper completion of inventory process for Customs purposes.
- Review of allowable and non-allowable items.
- US and foreign governmental documents required for shipping goods out of the US.
1 full day of hands on training in the warehouse including:
- Proper packing.
- Wrapping techniques.
- Proper loading techniques for loading a steamship container.
- Loading of a wooden lift van and air containers.
- Proper unloading techniques of shipment into residence.
- Unwrapping of goods.
- Set up of goods in the home.
Congratulations to the hard working team members who completed this training: Barry Pomerleau, Ray Hughes, Mike Bates, Lance Peterson, Kevin Morrison, Liam Keough, Marian Dragan, and Eric Furey.
Are you ready for your next relaxing moving experience? If you’re moving soon, give our team a call today and let’s get started!