Humboldt Storage & Moving crew members recently completed a 2 day extensive “International Moving” training.
Lead by Humboldt International Managing Director, Steve Dozois, the training consisted of:
4-5 hours of video classroom training including:
- Preparation of the residences prior to beginning work in residence.
- Review of various shipping options available including: Steamship containers, wooden lift vans for smaller shipments, air containers, and variable size containers.
- Packing techniques for international moves.
- Wrapping techniques for wrapping various kinds of furniture and goods.
- Techniques to pack/wrap for density & space saving techniques.
- Loading techniques of a container, lift van, and various air containers.
- Review of various documents that are required including bill of ladings, inventories, Power of Attorney forms, 2 forms of ID required from customers for security purposes, etc.
- Completing delivery to residence with proper steps for unloading, unwrapping of goods and unpacking boxes.
1-2 hours of documentation training including:
- What documents are required for export clearance from the US.
- Customs regulations and requirements for destination countries.
- Proper completion of inventory process for Customs purposes.
- Review of allowable and non-allowable items.
- US and foreign governmental documents required for shipping goods out of the US.
1 full day of hands on training in the warehouse including:
- Proper packing.
- Wrapping techniques.
- Proper loading techniques for loading a steamship container.
- Loading of a wooden lift van and air containers.
- Proper unloading techniques of shipment into residence.
- Unwrapping of goods.
- Set up of goods in the home.
Congratulations to the hard working team members who completed this training: Barry Pomerleau, Ray Hughes, Mike Bates, Lance Peterson, Kevin Morrison, Liam Keough, Marian Dragan, and Eric Furey.