- Humboldt Storage and Moving is a family owned business that has been in operation for over 100 years. Humboldt is located at 100 New Boston Drive in Canton, MA and is owned by Howard and D’Arcy Goldman.
- Humboldt has been in the Goldman family since it’s founding in 1905 by Howard’s grandfather, Harris Goldman. Initially, the company focused on ice delivery to Boston’s north end, but transitioned to moving through helping friends and family relocate. By the time the 1950’s rolled around, Harris’s three sons were working for the company, and it had become Humboldt Storage and Moving, named after Humboldt Avenue in Roxbury, where they were located. Humboldt is greater Boston’s largest moving company and is an agent for United Van Lines, handling 60% of all UVL volume in the Boston region. Humboldt moves residential and corporate accounts locally, domestically, and internationally.
Humboldt by the Numbers:
- Overall Moves: 5900 (Total includes all domestic and international relocations)
- Moving Vehicles: 87
- Largest Moving Company in greater Boston
- Largest United Van Lines Agent in Massachusetts
- 2015 United Van Lines Customer Choice Award
- 2015 UniGroup Relocation Customer Service Award Winner
- Ranked #3 worldwide in the UniGroup Inc. system for international relocations
- (UniGroup Inc. owns United & Mayflower relocation companies)
- In-house crating services
- Biotech/lab moving services
- Warehousing Services– 100,000 square foot state-of-the-art facility that is heated, air circulated and has 24 hour surveillance. Conveniently located in Canton near the intersection of RT. 128 and RT. 93.
- Climate controlled storage units available for highly sensitive items