We booked our moving company

Truck in front of house

As of late March we were still searching for a rental in South Carolina while we look to buy a house.  Not finding many options.  Our realtor down there is friendly but slow to respond, leaving us wondering if we should look for a new realtor.

Our buyers have asked for an extension to secure their mortgage due in part to delayed appraisal (result of very busy market & refi’s).  We were asking ourselves many questions.

Should we put down a deposit on a rental if our closing may be delayed?  Should we book our move date? 

It’s very stressful to not feel confident in our sale, while also scrambling to find a rental with the clock ticking.

As a result, I’ve been slowly (and half-heartedly) packing and trying to sell or donate unneeded items.  but I know we need to pack properly for our upcoming move.

Our move is officially booked.

I didn’t want to postpone any longer, even though we still do not have a new address in South Carolina.  It looks like we won’t be able to sign a lease until May 1st.  Luckily Humboldt can hold our shipment for a few days so we don’t have to find storage – a huge convenience and not as expensive as I would have thought.

Shortly after we booked our moving date, I received a call from Bethany our move coordinator at Humboldt confirming the details of our move.