Ask The Humboldt Experts : How Do I Wrap Plates For Moving?
That’s a common question we get all the time. Here are our top 5 tips when packing plates.
- Use plain, white, un-inked paper. Newsprint or other printed papers can rub off and damage your plates during your move and especially if they will be stored for any period of time.
- Plate paper between each plate to prevent scratching and build protection.
- Build a stack of 4-5 plates. Remember to place paper in between each layer.
- Wrap your plate stack in a final, outer layer of paper.
- Stack plates in a “dishpack” box vertically. This reduces pressure on the weak center points of the plates.
We hope these tips were helpful to you. Enjoy our short video featuring Humboldt Packing Expert – Barry, on how to wrap plates for moving so they wont break or chip during your moving adventure.
Are you ready for your next relaxing moving experience? If you’re moving soon, give our team a call today and let’s get started!