Ask The Humboldt Experts : How Do I Wrap Plates For Moving?
That’s a common question we get all the time. Here are our top 5 tips when packing plates.
- Use plain, white, un-inked paper. Newsprint or other printed papers can rub off and damage your plates during your move and especially if they will be stored for any period of time.
- Plate paper between each plate to prevent scratching and build protection.
- Build a stack of 4-5 plates. Remember to place paper in between each layer.
- Wrap your plate stack in a final, outer layer of paper.
- Stack plates in a “dishpack” box vertically. This reduces pressure on the weak center points of the plates.
We hope these tips were helpful to you. Enjoy our short video featuring Humboldt Packing Expert – Barry, on how to wrap plates for moving so they wont break or chip during your moving adventure.