Expertise: Residential Moving (Domestic) Warehousing & Storage
Jim Sullivan is president of Humboldt Storage and Moving of Canton, MA. Before becoming president, Sullivan served as general manager of Humboldt working closely with owners Howard and D’Arcy Goldman. Under the leadership of Sullivan and his team the company has seen impressive growth, growing annual revenue from $10 million in 1999 to $18.4 million in 2013.
As general manager, Sullivan was instrumental in growing the hauling fleet from 49 trucks to 85, starting the portable storage business and capturing over 60% of the United Van Lines business in greater Boston. Sullivan and his team have also made great strides in building their international moving business, growing staff and revenue over the past several years.
Other Significant Expertise:
Jim has roots in the operations end of residential moving and can provide expertise in the following:
- General “Do’s and Don’ts” of moving
- Government regulations such as Department of Transportation and Federal Motor Carrier Safety regulations
- Inventory and logistics management
- Reducing stress of moving
- Customer Service in the moving industry
- Employment; Recruiting, retention, training
- Portable storage and moving for business and residential
- Families moving with children
- Moving seniors
- Expertise in the complete moving process (packing, loading, transportation)
- Warehousing expertise for residential and business
Sullivan is an accounting graduate of Boston College and attended graduate studies at Northeastern University. A Saugus resident, Sullivan is a member of the Mass. Movers Association and has completed the entrepreneurial program sponsored by the National Movers Association. He has also participated in the prestigious Hay Group’s management leadership program which transforms managers into world-class leaders. Sullivan is also a member of the Young President Organization.