For some, the cost associated with packing is a major source of stress. It is not uncommon that you may want to pack some or all of your items. Check out this video from the Humboldt experts including tips to help you navigate the self packing process and get your items ready for transit.
Self Packing Tips
- Consider the amount of time it will take to pack your items and then double it. The most underestimated piece of moving is the amount of time it will take to get the packing done.
- Use professional supplies and do not place items in trash bags.
- Take time to label your boxes clearly. This allows you to easily know the contents and where they will go.
- Do not pack “non allowable” items including:
- Perishables (Example: Food & Plants)
- Hazardous Materials (Example: Flammables & Aerosols)
- Personal or High Value Items Example: Passports, Financial Documents, Jewelry)
- If you are unable to finish self packing before your move – notify your move coordinator immediately. This may substantially effect the # of crew & time needed on moving day, as well as the cost for your move.