Long term storage can take a toll on your belongings.
Here are some easy preparation tips to ensure your items remain in good condition while in storage.
- Purchase professional grade, sturdy boxes to prevent crushing and breakage that may damage your items.
- Purchase multiples of the same size box (example: 10 smalls, 10 mediums, 10 large, etc.) to maximize storage space.
- Be sure to fill boxes to capacity to further prevent crushing and breakage of items.
- Clearly label all boxes. Keep a detailed inventory boxes and their contents as well as larger pieces.
- Wrap fragile items in bubble wrap. Be sure to clearly label the box “FRAGILE”. Include an arrow pointing upwards so the box is not stored on its side accidently.
- Try to pack electronics in their original boxes. If not available, be sure to get a similarly sized box. Use bubble wrap and newsprint paper to pad around the electronics.
- Avoid packing in plastic bags as they can lock in moisture and cause dampness and mold.